Marriage Certificate

Canada’s document authentication, legalization, attestation & apostille Ottawa service, making document Globally effective Easily-Accurately-Fast.

Visaenterprise is a leading document authentication, legalization, attestation and apostille Canadian firm. We are proud to act on your behalf and get the authentication process completed for you in a timely manner and then courier the authenticated document right back to you. Our expert team will make the attestation, authentication, legalization or apostille process stress fee, in order to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Our main office is located IN THE HEART OF Ottawa’s diplomatic, economic and government services zone. We are a yard away from most embassies in Canada’s capital. Working with the Ministry of Global Affairs Canada and the Embassies on a daily basis, has enabled us to build a strong professional friendship with the embassies and consulates’ staff. In turn, this professional relationship reflected positively on the quality of our service. You may contact us with your authentication and legalization inquiry right now.


A Canadian marriage certificate is a vital record originated and issued by a government authority that proves that the couple registered on the certificate has a lawfully recognized marriage.
In Canada, marriage certificates are issued by the provincial or territorial government where the marriage occurred.
Usually, a marriage certificate contains the full names of the couple, the date and place of marriage, the registration number and the date of registration.
Some provinces or territories issuing long-form versions of marriage certificates that comprise extra information necessary while applying for specific government identity documents.
Visaenterprise legalization experts will simplify the authentication, legalization, attestation or apostille process for your Canadian marriage Certificate and get it done in a timely manner.
Here is the link for Vital Statistics contacts

Global Affairs Canada authentication policy for marriage certificate’s:

  • Global Affairs Canada(previous called Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada – DFATD) only authenticates/legalizes/attests and apostilles original long-form birth, marriage or death certificates issued by the office of vital statistics (mainly signed by the Deputy Registrar or Registrar General) of the relevant province or territory. Note: We do not authenticate plastic, wallet-sized versions of these certificates.
  • Photocopies of marriage certificates can be authenticated. However, they must be certified appropriately as true copies by a Canadian notary public or a Commissioner of Oaths. If the photocopies you send are not certified appropriately, they will be returned to you without being authenticated.
  • Religious documents will not be authenticated even if they are certified appropriately by a Canadian notary public or Commissioner of Oaths. Examples include:
    o baptismal certificates;
    o religious marriage certificates; or
  • Documents issued by a religious institution.

The propose or the needs for authentication your marriage certificate
If you travelling outside Canada, for work, study or resident then we advise you to make a legalization, Apostille, attestation or authentication for your Canadian marriage certificate before you travel. The primary purpose of the Legalization, authentication, apostille or attestation of a Canadian birth certificate is to make the document legally effective internationally so that the signatures, stamps or seals on the document will be accepted in an official capacity when presented to a person, company or authority outside of the Canada. In order to make sure your marriage and birth certificate will be legally effective and recognized in specific country you must ensure that your Canadian marriage certificate is authenticated/ attested / legalized or apostilled by the embassy of the country that you intended to use it in.

The embassy policy for attestation, authentication, legalization or apostille of Canadian Marriage certificate
If you are traveling or moving to a country and you may need to make your document legally effective in that country where you are using it.
All embassies and consulates in Canada provide legalization, authentication, apostille and attestation services for various Canadian issued documents including Canadian marriage certificate. Your Canadian marriage Certificate must be stamped first by Global Affairs Canada, Authentication Services Section (previously called DFAITD), the process of stamping by Global Affairs Canada, Authentication Services Section is call authentication/ legalization/ attestation and will make your document legally recognized at any foreign embassy or consulate in Canada.

Making your Marriage certificate travel ready
If you are planning to use your Canadian issued marriage certificate in any transaction in a specific country make sure you start your authentication, attestation, legalization, apostille or verifications way ahead of your travel date. Usually you need to process your document for authentication and legalization at Global Affairs Canada, Authentication Services Section (previously called DFAITD) first and then by the consulate or the embassy of the country where you are planning to use them. You may also have to check if your document needs to be translated to the official language of that country. Our document authentication specialists will be ready to guide and complete the authentication; legalization, attestation and translation process for you. Simply contact us and you can consider your document travel ready in a few days.

Supporting and Additional documents you may require to authentication them
When you ask for authentication, legalization or attestation services at some consulate or embassy, they may require supporting documentation in order to legalize and authenticate your document. For example in order to process a marriage certificate document at the embassy of Saudi Arabia you must provide a proof of connection in Saudi Arabia such as a job offer, entry visa or resident card copy. However we can authenticate and legalize your marriage or birth certificate at the embassy of UAE, Kuwait and Qatar without providing supporting documents.
Also if you are moving outside Canada it’s advisable that you authenticate and legalize your Canadian personal and educational documents that you may use while you are there, such as your Collage Diploma, University Degree, Letter of Experience, Police Record Check, Birth Certificate, Death Certificate and Divorce Certificate.

If outside Canada, how can Authentication, legalization, attestation or apostille of documents be done?
If you traveled without authenticating or legalizing your Marriage certificate and you find out that you need to obtain an authentication and legalization of your Canadian Marriage or Birth certificate then, you can simply contact us and courier us your Marriage and/or birth certificate and leave the rest for our experts. You do not need to travel back to Canada; we will act on your behalf and get the authentication process completed for you in a timely manner and then courier the authenticated birth certificate right back to you.

Our service is designed to provide authentication, attestation, legalization services for the following clients:

a) Client is located outside Canada
b) Client located outside Ottawa
c) Client lives in Ottawa and prefer our experts to deal with the process entirely

Our clients are located across the globe in places such as the Middle East, Central Asia, East Asia, South Asia, Europe, Africa, across the Americas and in the Oceanic. You may also be located in BC, Alberta, Central Canada, Nunavut, the territories, Quebec and Ontario or Atlantic Canada we are here to serve you all from coast to coast. Our expert team will make the attestation, authentication, legalization or apostille process stress fee in order to give you peace of mind.

Start now choosing your desired authentication services and print the completed Order and Payment Form Here, then please send it to us along with your documents.